Evolutionary Astrology and Transformational Counseling
with Steve Wolfson



  Steve Wolfson
  Evolutionary Astrology

  Ashland Oregon USA
  541-201-0825
 
  www.stevewolfson.com


  Subscribe to this blog

Receive new posts by email
Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a feed reader

Aries
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra
Scorpio
Sagittarius
Capricorn
Aquarius
Pisces
Sun
Moon
Mercury
Mars
Venus
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto
Lunar North Node
Lunar South Node
Chiron
Ascendant / Rising Sign
Retrograde
   


Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Life as Art

I tend to see my life as a sculpture or work of art in progress, a continuous state of becoming. Will I ever really feel "done", like I have FINALLY achieved all I wanted, there is no more, and now I can retire to Florida for the rest of my happy little days? I don't envision I will EVER feel "done. I expect to be growing and changing and tweaking and sharing until my last breath. That's my intention anyway.

Astrology has taught me that all of the phases of a life are natural and necessary and inevitable, from early youth to the final passage in old age. That we can't hang on to any one phase, and that no one phase is any better than any other. Each has its natural time to thrive and its natural time to fade away, so that the next phase can be born to replace it, ready or not, willing or not. Learning to feel these and observe them; there is natural poetry and meter to it all. A flow of natural creativity, the same impulse as the comings and goings of the seasons, and the gardens the warmer ones bring forth. That we are totally a part of this.

The Demanding Artist (aka "me"...) is never completely satisfied with his creation, so far anyway. Always tweaking this, adjusting that, reworking some other part. As my insights deepen, as I realize that TODAY i would have done this part differently, I proceed to rework it. As my capacity to empathize (meaning to listen deeply to another) grows; as I grow. - Life as art.

That which I express in an outer way, whether or not the world considers it art - could be as simple as washing dishes more consciously, or observing the changes in a Spring leaf between two days ago and now. This is all the flow of creativity, Life as Art.

My outer expressions merely reflect my shifting inner realities - are my attempts to give form to them, to what is continuously growing and shifting. Why do I feel I must express this? I don't even know. The desire to express lives in a deep place within and simply at times demands action and expression - some of which the world may label as Creative.

 
home | events | comments from clients | payments | mini-readings | blog |
Copyright © Steve Wolfson